Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Where Trees Are Square, Part 3

Welcome to Stoneforge, my biggest Minecraft project so far. I've been working on it since April or so. And eventually I got bored of it, and decided to not really finish it.

It is very much inspired by Ironforge in World of Warcraft, and as it is made entirely by hand, the amount of digging involved was immense. I should have dug deeper, though; the "mountain" wasn't as large as I had hoped and I ran into couple bodies of water, which made digging slightly difficult.

1.8 made the place look somewhat bright. Also, I think having smooth lighting turned off makes it look better. Probably because there's so much stone everywhere.

The place is one kilometer south of the first base, connected by a railway (for the 1 km achievement).

















No comments:

Post a Comment